Yes, this is disappointing. But it's also exciting. It means I will most likely be venturing out into the unknown world again, ready to learn new things, meet new people, and have new experiences. Last time that turned out pretty well for me.
As I search the job boards trying to find the right job to apply for, I sometimes get odd ideas about what life would be like if I got a certain job. Here are a few of the more amusing vignettes into my fictional future life. Oh, and just so you know, I really did apply for most of these jobs.
Small Victorian Town in Michigan, Surrounded by Fruit Farms
Thinking about this place makes me wish I had applied for this job. But it was a position for a library director and I don't have the experience or the confidence for that kind of thing yet. However, if I had, I can just imagine myself living a life somewhat akin to Anne Shirley's. I would pick my own fruit and put it in wicker baskets. And on occasion I would walk into a tea shop and order hot chocolate just so I had an excuse to wear an awesome hat.

Gettysburg, PA
I don't like large crowds, but I think I would have to brave them to go see a Civil War reenactment or two. Also, I could go on picnics and try to find leftover bullets from the battle. It's Gettysburg! And it's history! I'd have to do it.

Researcher in Washington, D.C.
I know no one dresses like this any more, but that doesn't keep me from inexplicably envisioning myself in a Betsy Ross costume while I conduct research for library patrons. The best part of this job? It's in Washington, D.C.! On the National Mall! Who wouldn't like that?!

Wyoming
I must have really bought in to those commercials about Wyoming and Montana, because I have a very picturesque idea of what it would be like to live there. Somehow, I would be able to afford a house with a wrap-around deck. My as-yet-unnamed imaginary dog and I would sit on said deck every night and watch the sunset. Even though most of Wyoming and Montana are flat, the view would look something like this.

Arizona
This idea is a hazy one. I'm very warm, and it's very bright. I look down at my hands where I have just transplanted a wee little cactus from the ground to a tiny pot. That way, I'll have a piece of Arizona with me when I move to my dad's house in rainy Forks, Washington.
4 comments:
Those all sound like lovely situations. I too am a sucker for those Wyoming and Montana ads (and pretty much any tourism ad for any location) so I support that one particularly. Then I could visit and play with your dog Blaise.
And I lol'ed at the Arizona scenario. I think you should go for it so you can have your own sparkly manpire.
I want to see you in a Betsy Ross dress. That'd be cool. But then I've always loved Anne with an E, and it could be fun to wear an occasional hat or two. And to pick fruit and then have Mr. Blythe come along and go on a stroll...yes I like this idea very much!
Bahahahaha! Boo to Arizona! Except then I could see you more often when I come home. But those times are likely to be when you would be in Utah instead. So Boo to Arizona! Perhaps a small town in Indiana could interest you?
Oh my gosh, you would HAVE to name your dog Blaise!
Consider the dog named. It's just too perfect! Especially if he were an Irish Setter. Or an Irish Wolf Hound.
Post a Comment