This gift was perfect since we had a family joke that MoTab was going to sing "We Are the Champions" at the opening of the first Utah Jazz basketball game of the season.
Honorable Mention probably goes to my dad, who gave my brother Bronco a tool belt stocked with baby toys since he and his wife Boston were expecting a Christmas baby.
As for me, I got creative this year. I had to do something to recover from the disaster that was last year's hotpads! Grace has been kind enough to make dinner for us most nights, but she keeps complaining that aprons don't cover a person well enough to guard against the hazards of cooking. Because of that, I made her this:
I must admit that I'm rather proud of it. I made it without a pattern. Here's a close-up of the top detail. Just ignore the bad stitching job, please.
And yes, I realize that aprons are up there with pillowcases, curtains, and pajama pants as one of the easiest sewing projects you can ever do, but just creating something out of nothing felt really good. I'm going to have to be creative more often.
3 comments:
You know, I have been having a bit of a sewing bug lately myself. I can only make easy things like pajama pants, but it is fun and satisfying, as you say. There were some Black Friday deals on sewing machines. Maybe next year.
I have a sewing machine and I still don't know how to use it. Maybe I should practice on pajama pants since I need some that fit me? I like your apron frills, Marcue!
Thanks Ferskner! I like the apron frills myself. Probably because it was a last-minute idea that actually turned out.
Ooh! Black Friday deals! I might have to brave the crowds next year to get my own sewing machine. Thanks for the tip, Control!
Post a Comment