
I was thinking about it this morning, and I think I might be the apartment dog. You know how dogs are so nice and friendly, and they love pouncing on you right when you come into the house? I feel like that's me sometimes. Follow along with me for a second.
My schedule is almost the exact opposite of that of my roommates. I have work or class almost every night, which means I don't see them much. My roommates are very busy too, so when I come home my roommates are either in their room engrossed in homework, or off having an adventure somewhere else. Late at night when they do come out of their rooms/back home, I pounce:
"Hi! How are you doing? How was your day? Did you do anything interesting? What are you doing right now?"
After my roommates stop reeling from the storm of questions, they answer a few, and I ask some more.
"You did that, huh? That sounds great!"
then, petulantly, "Why didn't you wait for me?"
then, petulantly, "Why didn't you wait for me?"
When did I revert back to a jealous junior high student? I'm not really sure. I know my roommates can't/shouldn't include me in everything they do. My behavior is very embarrassing. But I like being with my roommates. We have a lot in common. I'd rather talk to them than sit and watch a movie or read a book—my normal relaxing strategies. And I'm moving sometime this summer, so I know time is short.
I'm hoping that when I move I will turn back into a normal, stable, rational adult again. One who's not so dependent on the actions of others. In the meantime, I'll be the lovable, excited dog who always greets you at the door, ready to slobber on your shoes and asking you to scratch me behind the ears. Okay, not really. That image is rather disturbing. But roommates, I'm sorry I'm acting so weird. I hope I'll snap out of it eventually.

I got the crazy pictures from FreeDigitalPhotos.net.
And no, I do not endorse dressing your dog in weird costumes.
And no, I do not endorse dressing your dog in weird costumes.
5 comments:
Hey kiddo! It's your long lost cousin, you know the one with all the DOGS! Your mom told me about your blog when we went to Colorado at the beginning of the month with her. I couldn't NOT comment on this blog entry--you are the apartment dog?? You make me laugh! I love your "LY" song too. Played it the other day and had it stuck in my head all day. :) You have inspired me--your blog is so cute I finally got up the courage to start one of my own. :) And, if you need more dog pictures, email me--I have more than I know what to do with! Talk to you soon!
PuppyPower! Hooray! You're a blogger! Now you have to actually write things on your blog! :) But I like the setup--it's very cute.
Please feel free to comment whenever you like. Let me know what you (and the dogs) are doing! :)
Hahaha! Marcie you're so funny! I love it! I think I act like you do when I'm excited to see people, but I never thought of it as being like a dog. Great analogy though, I guess if you want to compare yourself to a dog. Whatever!
Awww little Marcue! You're not the apartment dog! Although you know how much I love dogs. Especially that squirrelly looking one at the end of the post. I'm sorry I'm never around Marcue!!!! I will be home all Friday and Saturday night - so what shall we do????? I also need to make a March cake. What shall it be?????
I like dogs! But you are not a dog. But I like you too.
(That's a compliment...I'm not saying that, like, you fail at dog-dom.)
(I would have put more punctuation in here except Comrade Ferskner used it all up in her comment. Imagine the emphasis of a well-placed exclamation point or two.)
Post a Comment