Then a friend from work asked me how I wanted to celebrate my birthday. She not only got a group of friends together for a night out on the town, but she also gave me a very thoughtful collection of a landmark number of presents to coincide with my landmark age.
For various reasons, this all happened on my Australian birthday instead of my acutal birthday, so imagine my surprise when I came to work late after spending the morning at the dentists' (no cavities! Whoot!) to find out it was time for another party! I was flattered at their thoughtfulness and pleased. My co-workers did a lot to help me feel celebrated. It made me like where I am in life even more.
Of course I also received many a birthday wish from friends and family who don't live nearby. In order to drag this post out of its sentimental rambling, I'm including a picture I took that should help fulfill Control's birthday wish for me: "I hope you have an awesome birthday, full of Britishness, strawberries and Chesty Jacob!"

Yes, this is my attempt at depicting Chesty Jacob jumping out of a cake. Here's to another decade of fun, Britishness, strawberries and Chesty Jacob. I'm looking forward to it!
1 comment:
HAH! I love it! Hahahaaa....you are awesome, Marcue. I'm glad you had a delightful birthday and all my wishes for you came true! :D
Post a Comment