The last few weeks have been busy ones. Unfortunately, nothing really blog-worthy has happened. Here are a few quick comments about what I’ve been doing in the last little bit:
- I went to my first full-fledged library conference. Oddly enough, that conference included a few suggestions for my Halloween costume. Should I choose this one?
Or this one? 
- Happy Thanksgiving . . . Canada! Last Monday I celebrated my first Canadian Thanksgiving. A co-worker invited me over after work and we gorged ourselves on all sorts of Thanksgiving-y foods. Yum!
- And for your entertainment, I’ll tell the story I call “Library Patron Goes Ballistic.” We have a standing book sale at work. The other day someone came up to me in a fit: “Look at these books!” he cried, waving about a paperback missing the first 180 pages, “No wonder you don’t sell anything!” The next thing I knew, he was going through every book in the book sale, throwing rejects willy-nilly over his shoulder. He cleared out two shelves of books this way. Our book sale looks a lot better now. I wish I’d done it sooner.
1 comment:
You went to a real library conference??? I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment