The other day I came upon a book that claimed to have information on America’s top 100 best little towns to live in. Curious, I opened the book up to see if the town I live in made the list. Guess what? It’s number four!
But what gave the town its good ranking? Was it because of the local hot springs my town was named after? Was it the fact that there is ready access to hiking, biking, rafting, skiing, and any other type of outdoor recreational activity? Was it the close proximity to other resort towns? I turned to the section describing the town in order to find out.
There, in a message from the mayor, was a summary of what makes my new town great:
"We have the only Wal-Mart in the country with two separate entrances—one on the north side, one on the south side. At least that's what their vice president in charge of development told us when she was here." Mayor Bob Zanella, The 100 Best Small Towns in America, 1995“
I feel so honored to live here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you take advantage of both those entrances! Although...that was in 1995 so aren't two entrances that kind of old hat by now...?
I have indeed taken advantage of both those entrances. It's actually kind of trippy. You go in, walk to the back, and there are the checkout stands and front doors again! It gets me confused every time. If Wally World is using this as a popular model, there are some very confused people out there.
Post a Comment