Friday, July 10, 2009

Wish Me Luck

I am about to embark on a job hunt extravaganza.

I have my first phone interview ever tonight at 5:30. Tomorrow I head off at 5:00 in the morning to catch a train in Indianapolis at 6:30 headed towards Chicago's Union Station. (Does this sound like a math problem yet?) Once there, I will head straight to the job fair portion of the ALA Conference, where I plan on spending the rest of my day. I head back to Indianapolis Sunday night.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the suddenness of it all, but there are a few things that I think are benefits of this quick trip.

  1. I get to ride a TRAIN! To UNION STATION! A la Cary Grant in North by Northwest! I love that movie!

  2. Besides the ALA conference, I'm also going on a boat tour. Once the boat gets out on Lake Michigan, I'll have a prime view of the fireworks show I missed on the Fourth of July. Pretty!

  3. Also like Cary Grant, I head back to Indiana by bus. Let's hope I'm not dropped off at a random bus stop that doesn't look anything like my part of Indiana, where a killer crop duster tries to finish me off, also a la Cary Grant.

  4. Getting out of town is always a good thing.

  5. There's just the tiniest possibility I could get a job out of one of these things.
So, yeah. I think the stress is worth it.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like an adventure. Good luck with the job fair.

Melyngoch said...

You make me desperately, desperately want to leave town on a train.