Friday, July 3, 2009

I Can't Contain the Excitement!

You'll have to excuse me. I'm overly excited right now. I just heard back from a job I applied for—this is the first one I've heard back from. It's nice to know that they're actually getting my resume, that they're reading my resume, and that they like what they see! They asked if they could schedule a phone interview with me. Wahoo! Moving on in the job interview process is exciting.

Like I said. I'm overly excited. For those of you who don't know, it actually takes awhile to get hired for the kind of jobs I'm applying for. After you send in your resume, a committee reviews all of them and decides who they want to interview. Since it's a committee, it sometimes takes awhile for all of them to find a time in which they are all able to meet and discuss things. Then you usually have a phone interview, then an in-person interview, then, finally, 700 years later after the committee has decided who to hire, you get a job! So getting a job is still far down the line, but at least I'm possibly one step closer now. I feel like celebrating!

I know this doesn't quite fit the subject matter, but the bounciness of the song does reflect my happiness. I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hurray! I hope you get it! And then I hope you can use your connections to get me a job too.