Last night when I was at work at the library someone started playing music rather loudly. Even though noise is permitted because the floor I work on has group work stations, I still have to keep a watch out for any especially distracting behavior. This music was distracting. It made both me and the IT person I work with perk up in our seats and start looking around for the patron who was performing this heinous act. My shushing muscles were ready for action.
My co-worker got out of her seat to walk around the room so she could figure out where the song was coming from. She got to my desk, and suddenly she stopped. "Is that music coming from your computer?!"
The chat service we use at the library makes a little chiming noise to let you know when you have an incoming question. The computer at the reference desk has speakers so the librarian can tell when someone is asking a question online. It's a rather quiet little ding, so the speakers are turned up pretty loud. A website I had clicked on in passing was set to automatically play music. I was the culprit. I was the one who needed shushing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice! :)
Hahaha! When I read this I happened to be on the phone with Adriane and I had to read it to her. We both couldn't stop laughing. So funny! Way to be Marcie!
HA!
SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment