Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where's the Cardinal?

I have mentioned IU's woodsy nature many times, but I don't think I have mentioned the wildlife here in Bloomington. Most people would take a lot of these creatures for granted, but every time I see something (mostly on campus) I'm surprised. Just going from memory, I have seen:
  • Deer
  • Turtles
  • Cottontail Rabbits
  • Squirrels (lots and lots of these)
  • Chipmunks
  • Crayfish (thanks, Ferskner!)
  • Tons and tons of birds

I don't know what most of these birds are called. I know the generic robin and seagull and magpie, and I've heard a woodpecker, but beyond that I have no idea. Of all of these there's one that stands out from the rest—the cardinal.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I've been trying for a long time to get a picture of a cardinal, and I finally got one. Let's see if you can find the cardinal in this picture. The answer's right below it, so no cheating!


Feels kind of like Where's Waldo, doesn't it? Luckily for you, I just took a Photoshop class. I promise this is the same picture. Try to find the Cardinal now.

How'd you do? Great! As a prize for doing so well, I'm throwing in this picture of a squirrel absolutely free. Because I like you. And playing in Photoshop is fun.

2 comments:

ferskner said...

You guys: We don't see a crayfish!
Me: It's right there! Look for it's lobster butt!
You guys: We think you're lying!
*Ann throws a rock and the crayfish swims away*
Me: VINDICATION!!!!!

Jules said...

I think that cardinal is the highest thing in that tree. Like, really the highest. It may be the highest thing ever.

Brett Favre!