Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Breaks My Bubble

I realized today that I've been using the concept of Spring Break as a buffer between myself and the end of school. I didn't have to worry about finals and joblessness, because it wasn't even Spring Break yet. I had all the time in the world.

Although I've only been back from Spring Break for just over 48 hours, I'm already getting overwhelmed with projects and such. To add to that, in the last 24 hours, three of the jobs I applied for have told me they went with another candidate. I want my spring break back. A simple recap might help. Here are some highlights of my Spring Break vacation:
  1. Our friend Navy Guy came to visit for the weekend.

  2. My roommate Ferskner, Navy Guy, and I spent a weekend driving back and forth from Indianapolis. Our stated reason was that we had to take Navy Guy to and from the airport, but our real reason was so we could sing along to Mika as loud as we wanted without incurring the wrath of our neighbors.

  3. I ate brunch at a local restaurant called the Runcible Spoon. Their french toast is divine.

  4. Ferskner and Navy Guy meowed a version of the Flower Duet from the opera Lakme by Delibes. I'm including a link to a professional version of the song here.  Listen to minutes 1:20-3:00.  Then imagine the words replaced with meows, and take out a few notes and make it a little off key.  Suddenly what was once ethereal is now hilarious!

  5. Navy Guy made Ferskner and I breakfast on Sunday. Yummy!

  6. I worked in the day, but I was actually home at night. It was amazing! So much TV to watch! So many books to read! And there's this thing I learned about called dinner. Apparently people eat real meals at night instead of the hot pockets I usually eat.

  7. I watched Daniel Deronda, and I predicted the ending long before it happened. For those of you who haven't seen it, think love pentagon.

  8. In a moment of complete and utter fiscal irresponsibility, I may or may not have bought three pairs of shoes.

  9. I attended the Twilight DVD midnight release party just to say that I had. I was the tallest one there.

  10. Fersker and I attended ARF! Read to a Dog at the local library. ARF! Stands for Animal Reading Friends, and they were that indeed. My favorite part was when Daisy the poodle started licking the book Ferskner was reading to her.

  11. I finally figured out where the old Carnegie library is here. It's a block away from the current library. I must go back and investigate it further.
I should probably end the list by thanking my roommate Ferskner. I was around a lot more than she was used to, and she put up with me admirably. Thanks, Ferskner! I had a lot of fun. I hope you did too.

4 comments:

Scholarastastic said...

1. I am so sad I missed Navy Guy.
2. Mika is awesome! How did I not know about this?
3. The Runcible Spoon is a land of deliciousness.
4. Navy Guy and Ferskner should have recorded that duet. I would pay money to hear that.

DeskSet said...

Ferskner DID record the duet! It's just on her phone, and we're not sure how to download it. Next time you see Ferskner, ask her to play it for you. And make sure I'm around so I can hear it again too! :)

Jules said...

Everybody's gonna love spring break, gonna love spring break, gonna love spring break.

ferskner said...

No, thank YOU, Marcue! I had tons of fun too - thanks for you list to remind me of it all again. I would also add my moral dilemma on whether to buy all three seasons of Veronica Mars. I'm pretty sure I'm glad I did...

Someday I'll figure out how to get that video from my phone to...elsewhere.