Sunday, January 11, 2015

July 2014

With July, it was time to head back to work.  The first week went smoothly enough, with that weekend being the Fourth of July.  To celebrate, I took myself to a place called Rifle Falls and hiked around.  There was a wedding at the falls that day, so as I hiked I was accompanied by the song “Lean on Me” being blasted through speakers at a pavilion a few feet away from the falls.



View from the top
That same weekend, my mom called and told me that my last remaining grandparent, my Grandpa Beard, had passed away.  I went to work on Monday, and asked my boss if I could take the rest of the week off so I could go to his funeral, and my friend’s wedding that weekend.  It was an interesting combination of events, to say the least.  I choose to think of it as the week my grandpa got to be with the love of his life again, and my friend got married to hers.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Aw, that is a sweet (and true) thought about your Grandpa.