After a crazy month and a half, life went back to normal
again. I didn't do much more hiking that
summer, I’m not sure why, but I did a lot of biking.
At the beginning of the semester, however, when the weather was still
nice, we were told school would be closed one Friday due to repair work being
done on the neighborhood power lines. I
took the time to check out a place about a half hour away that I’d always heard
of: Crystal Mill.
![]() |
| I always think pictures of the people taking pictures are funny, so I took one. |
It actually wasn't until afterwards when I told my mom what
I’d done that week that I found out that my grandparents used to take my mom
and her siblings on picnics to the Crystal Mill every summer. In fact, there’s a picture of the Crystal
Mill that used to hang in the kitchen of my childhood home that my mom received
as a wedding gift from a relative.



No comments:
Post a Comment