Monday, October 10, 2011

Is This Really How I'm Starting My Work Week?

A quote found while going about my librarianly duties:

[this play] is protected under United States and International Copyright laws. Public performance is forbidden without written permission from the author; however, your chances of not securing permission are similar to your chances of being struck by a meteor while lying in a bed of four leaf clovers, after having been struck by lightning.

Results from typing the name of another play into our online catalog:

0 results for "incorruptible a dark comedy about the dark ages".

Perhaps you should try some spelling variations:
"incorruptible a dark comedy about the dark ages" » "incorrigible a dark comedy about the dark ages" , "incorruptible a park comedy about the park ages" , "incorruptible a mark comedy about the mark ages" , "incorruptible a dark comedy about the dark age"

If you can't tell, it was kind of hard to take my job seriously today. Besides, I want to see an incorrigible park comedy about the park ages.

1 comment:

Jules said...

That makes me wonder if all those little copyright warnings have funny things in them, just to see if people really read them.

Yesterday I cataloged a book of erotic fiction. I think I would prefer your park comedy...