What a weekend! A lot has happened in the last few days—most of it good, but some of it bad. Let’s look at the weekend in review:
Con:
My car died on the side of the freeway. In Denver. Where I don’t know a single soul.
Pro:
I now know a tow truck driver, a mechanic, and a helpful Enterprise Rent-A-Car employee.
Con:
I accidentally left my entire music collection in the rental car.
Pro:
I guess it’s time to finally invest in an iPod.
Con:
A waitress gave me a lecture on the evils of using Carmex lip balm.
Pro:
The Carmex made it easy to smack my lips in satisfaction when I finished eating the food I’d ordered.
Other Pros:
My sister flew into DIA for a quick visit!
I actually used the phrase, “it’s okay; I’m a librarian” in a conversation.
Church today was hilarious. While I know that's not an adjective usually associated with church, it is accurate nonetheless.
Picnics are fun, even when all you have to eat are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes, and little cartons of JuicyJuice.
There is a lot of predictable but still fun dance-themed entertainment out right now.
My sister and I made good progress on learning the dance moves in the following music video:
Although we didn’t learn the moves to this video, I love it too much not to share it:
Here’s hoping your weekend was good as well, minus the car trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Man, you have been having some bad car luck lately. Is it perhaps time to retire the faithful Grandpa? Also, what ARE the evils of Carmex?
I have been having some bad car luck lately. I will admit that I thought briefly about getting a new car, but between Scotland, moving, and now car repairs, my checkbook resembles a horcrux after it's been stabbed by a basilisk fang. Also, now that I have a new fuel pump, new battery, and a new alternator, I kind of DO have a new car!
Apparently Carmex contains fiberglass. It makes your lips chap faster so you have to use more Carmex. Or at least, so says the waitress at Red Robin. This fact has yet to be validated by an authoritative source.
" a horcrux after it's been stabbed by a basilik fang?" Oh, Marcie girl, you read too much! No more Harry Potter for you.
And yet you knew exactly what I meant! So I will keep reading. And you know you will too.
Post a Comment