Then I got a flier in the mail. It was a list of classes that my employer, the local college, thought would be appealing to the locals. One of those classes was called Hiking for Fun and Fitness. I was intrigued. I could get out and get to know my new town! I could also meet a few of the locals. It beat sitting in my apartment. I signed up.
The first week we took the Doc Holliday trail. It goes up the mountain, past the first cemetery (see the last post), and further up and further in. There, I got my first good look of my new hometown. See the large yellow building on the left? My apartment is right across the street from it.

The next week we hiked to Hanging Lake. This might have been my favorite hike just because it had such a great ending destination. The trail is so steep and rocky at the end that the trail has a hand rail. Then you turn a corner, and see this:


We only stayed at Hanging Lake for about five minutes because the sun was setting. When we got to the bottom of the trail, I took this picture.

On the last day of summer, we hiked to Mushroom Rock. On the way up, I took this picture.

When we got to Mushroom Rock (out at the end of that outcropping), we tried to do a little dance to celebrate the changing of the seasons.

Grizzly Creek was next.


That was the first month of the class. Next time, I'll cover the other hikes we took.
2 comments:
You live in such a pretty town! And those pictures are great...did you perchance get a new camera?
I do live in a pretty place! It's one of my favorite things about the area.
Actually, I went through most of the class using my broken camera. I've got some weird, off-center shots because of it. (Hurray, Photoshop!) It was only in the last two classes that I brought a new camera along.
Post a Comment