Yesterday I went to my first Michael Buble concert! I was looking forward to the concert a lot because I often find myself dancing along to the CD (when no one is watching me). I love how upbeat and fun and jazzy a lot of his songs are. I actually caught myself dancing in my seat at the concert a few times. It was a fun carefree night, and I enjoyed it immensely.
Perhaps my favorite part of the night, however, was not supposed to be seen as fun and carefree. Michael was singing his first big hit, Home, a song that is not upbeat and peppy, but slow and sad and still wonderful. At the end of the song, right when he sang the line "I'm coming back home," the screen that had previously been flashing fancy colors and lights suddenly flashed a picture much like this one:

I was so caught off guard that I laughed out loud. I'm not sure you could say this was subversive, which is why I laughed, but the thought of the many hidden meanings conveyed by an unwitting lighting crew was rather enjoyable, making it my personal highlight of the night.
A close favorite? When Michael sang a song I'd never heard before! I'm a sucker for slow, sweet songs. You can find it here in all of its badly recorded glory since he hasn't officially recorded it yet. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go watch the music video of I Just Haven't Met You Yet again. My feet are itching to dance.
1 comment:
Seriously????!!!!
Post a Comment