But seriously, I have found myself wandering up the canyon a lot lately. And because of my uncharacteristic wandering about, I discovered this.*
It's a man-made ice castle! Or ice sculpture-y thing. Seeing it made me really wish I knew how to take pictures. I also wish it had a little color to it, because it's kind of hard to focus your camera viewfinder when you're looking at white on white on white. And it's snowing. I still managed to take a few good pictures, though. And it was fun to wander through an icy wonderland.
Here are a few pictures of some of the individual ice castles.
*Check out the bizarre entry on January 20th! Just . . . wow.
**Oh! I just realized that I deleted the explanation of the title. I found this ice sculpture in a little town founded by Swiss immigrants called Midway. A lot of the houses are decorated in the Swiss style, and the town has a yearly celebration called Swiss Days.
4 comments:
HOLY CRAP those are so awesome!!!!! I can't even tell you how jealous I am that you saw those in real life. Seriously, are you TRYING to get me to move to Utah?
Neato! If you hadn't said, I never would have guessed it was Utah!
And YES, Comrade, you should move to Utah so you can see them! We'll make an outing of it.
I can see you living in this town, Ferskner. It's this quaint little Swiss village in the middle of nowhere with plenty of Old World charm, but it's also half an hour away from both Salt Lake and Provo. And, of course, half an hour away from both Control and I. What's not to love?! If we throw in an occasional dance party I think you HAVE to move here!
Amazing!!! I don't think I have seen anything like that before. Thank You for sharing your find.
Post a Comment