Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Crunch!

So there I was, eight days into the New Year, and I’d already broken one of my new year’s resolutions. Sounds ominous, right?

The last two weeks in Utah have been fun and relaxing. I met a baby who actually calls herself “Baby” (Can it get much cuter than that? I don’t think so!), and I resumed my acquaintance with her older brother, who, even though he’s a toddler now and is thus prone to temper tantrums, is so cute that your heart breaks a little when you watch him play.

But sometimes real life has to re-assert itself, so Sunday I packed up my car and drove back home. Just to get rear-ended three miles away from my exit. That’s right. I no longer have a working trunk. In fact, for a bit I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get to the rest of my underwear, which was stuck in my now-squishy trunk. But it turns out my trunk still works somewhat, so that’s good.

I think I should probably give up on cars for a while. Does anyone know how hard it is to learn to cross-country ski? Or maybe I should take up snow-shoeing instead. That sounds cheaper.



P.S. Mom: I’m fine.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Dang, Grandpa is having some bad luck lately! I'm glad it was just a matter of your trunk and nothing more serious (that is plenty serious enough). I recommend snoe-showing, or perhaps a scooter?

DeskSet said...

I like the idea of the scooter. Preferably a non-motorized one, since I'm not having much luck with motors lately. It's worth a thought!