Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nice . . . Sweater

Props to anyone who can name the movie the above quote came from.

Many years ago (at least five, more like six), my brother and I attended a singles ward together. He was pretty close-lipped on his opinions about the girls he met there, but one day he surprised me when he told me the following facts as he saw them:
  1. Girls look good in button-up cardigans

  2. Girls also look good with short hair.

I snorted with derision when I heard these two opinions. I was currently sporting Lady-of-Shallot-esque hair, more due to the fact that I wanted to see if I could grow my hair that long than to any yearning to BE the Lady of Shallot, and there was no way I was going to cut my hair pixie-short just because my brother thought it looked good.

Also, cardigans? That went opposite from everything the media and fashion were telling me that guys liked. A little while later, however, my brother married a woman with short hair who, I must say, looks very cute in a cardigan, so I guess it all worked out for him.

Back to me. I no longer look like the Lady of Shallot, but my hair’s not super-short, either. However, in the last year or two my collection of cardigans has grown exponentially. My brother was right! Cardigans are fun and cute. Nowadays they come adorned with ruffles, flowers, beading, and other such accessories, so they don’t look that boring. There are a lot of different ways you can wear them, and you can mix and match what you wear underneath them, so the possibilities are virtually endless! Also, cardigans are usually less bulky and less itchy than your average sweater, but they’re still warm. I like cardigans a lot. Is this yet another a sign that I’m really succumbing to the librarian within?!

3 comments:

Tony and Vickie Beard said...

Embrace your feelings within and run with them!

While you were sleeping!

Lynette said...

While you were sleeping!

I wanted to be the first to comment, but I lost. Can I get a prize for being second??? I really like Mike-n-Ikes, if you need an idea for a prize... :)

And you look really cute in your many cardigans!

Jules said...

Oo oo, While You Were Sleeping!

Also I agree to the cardigan cuteness! I think I might need to add to my stock soon...