Student: Do you like NPR?
Me: Um, yes I do.
Student: Do you listen to classical music?
Me (gesturing to the radio, which is softly playing classical music in an attempt to drown out the insanely loud ticking of the clock behind me): Yes I do. But usually at home I listen to alternative rock.
Student: So I don’t want to seem like I subscribe to stereotypes here, but do you happen to like really fine wine and fancy cheeses while you listen to classical music?
Me (thinking of the string cheese and hot pocket in my lunchbox): . . .
I won’t go on, but you get the gist of the conversation. It ended with the student asking me if I liked being a librarian. When I said I did, he gave me this weird look that said, “You’re crazy, lady.” and he turned around and walked away. Just like that.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This story amuses for many reasons, particularly because of the fine wine and cheese question when the name of your blog includes the phrase "grilled cheese and french fries." Haha, oh patrons.
Post a Comment