Saturday, August 28, 2010

They're Baaaaaaaaaack

*Although I have written other blog posts about the last month, I thought it would be appropriate to insert a current post here to show how things have changed since my first week of work.*

Goodbye, Summer. Where did you go?

School officially starts this Monday, and with it comes a completely different work environment. Not only are the students once again climbing the mountains to hear the glad tidings of Education, but in the last few weeks the college has finally gotten the green light on countless construction projects. In the last few days, parents and new students have been milling around for campus orientation accompanied by the dulcet tones of a jackhammer and backhoes. Oh, and if you come into the library you’ll have to speak up because of all the fans we have blowing in here. Yep, they’re replacing our HVAC system now too.

Yesterday was rather stressful just because of the rapid increase of noise I was suddenly accosted with. But then I loosened my tight bun slightly and readjusted the pinch of my thick glasses, and the blood rushed back into my head and I realized that libraries are supposed to have people in them. The jackhammer, backhoes, paint crews, and fans are all just an added bonus.

So wish me luck. I get to be a librarian in a real library now.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I was going to list all the things I thought were the funniest in this post but then there were too many by the end! So instead I will just say: Hahahahahahahaha!

Virginia said...

Agreed :-) I love your sense of humor! We, too, have had days of roaring fans and jackhammers this summer. Good luck!