Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ode to a Minty Muse

I love Christmas time! However, I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that there is one thing about this time of year that I seem to be looking forward to more and more each year. They are called Mint M&Ms, and they are divine. I can't believe I haven't eaten any for the last two weeks! I will fix that problem tomorrow on my way home from work.

My sister and I were joking about my obsession with Mint M&M's the other day, and the result was the following poem. Check out how clever we are with spelling a word down the side.

Mouthwatering
Intense
Nummy
Tantalizing

Minty
&
[My]
Snack

Yes, we are poetic geniuses. Then earlier this week I accompanied this same sister to a job interview in a tiny town up Provo Canyon. While she was inside telling her interviewers how amazing she is, I stayed in the car and wrote the following.

A burst of cool, chocolatey goodness
In a hard candy shell
Mmm, Mint M&M's.

and

M&M's
So pedestrian.
A mouthful for the masses.
Yet how could a pocket of chocolatey goodness
Wrapped in a thin candy shell
Ever be looked down upon?

And now you know why I didn't pursue a Master's degree in English!

2 comments:

ferskner said...

I love that you were able to include "Nummy" in a poem.

The world was denied your talent when you turned your back on English!

Jules said...

How many bags do you still have? I just gotta know. :p I think my favorite part is the "burst of cool, chocolatey goodness" line.