This year was special to me. It was the first time I got to be home with my family in two years. To make it even more special, all of my mom's side of the family descended upon my house--a rare feat. Only a handful of people couldn't make it.
Over the last few weeks as we've been getting ready for this big event, I've been experiencing multiple different feelings about still living off of my parents' charity. I've been going through changes of thought on the subject so quickly, I'm kind of feeling whiplash. For your viewing pleasure, and as weird as it may sound, here's a list of reasons why I'm glad I don't have a library job yet:
- Most immediately, I'm glad I got to have Thanksgiving with my family. If I had a library job, it's possible I would be living too far from home to make the trip.
- This one's hard to say, even though I'm glad it happened after my last official day working in a library. I'm glad my dad and I stopped by my grandparents' house in Colorado when we made the great cross-country trek back home. My grandma died a week later due to complications of old age, and it means a lot to me that I got to see her one last time. It takes something like this to remind me that timing matters.
- In conjunction with the last commment about timing, my brother and his wife are going to have a Christmas baby! I'm glad I'll be here to meet him.
- It's very nice being so close to my family again.
- Despite not having a library job, I do feel extremely blessed. I know things will work out.
- As another reference to the title of this post, I made my very first pie crust this year (for 4 pies!), and they turned out beautifully. Apparently the secret is in how much you work/mix/dare-I-say-whip? the dough.
No comments:
Post a Comment